All New

As I said earlier : "So... I tried with Lubuntu and I got the following thing: Lubuntu recognizes 2 volumes one 255 MB and one 78 GB(that is my hard drive) but it does not see the partitions on it. I had a 35 GB partition for Windows and the rest for files."
That try was from a usb stick created with LiLi.
Thanks for the advice.

I know silly..... :D I just didn't get the latest response in time....... :D

The pic, the basic stamp, and the propeller can be very usefull, and fun to use. Use the force young padawan!:) but most of all, have fun!

And then you BASH someone over the head with Perls.....? :3 BTW, I like your analogies..... :D

I thought of that already. I was always interested in programming. I wanted to learn that in school to but, circumstances were against me. Now I have a very busy life but I am determined to learn.
I am a pretty good user of windows and during my work I had to dive into some programs too run under Basic (assisted over the phone) to make some basic changes. Over the time, I changed my job and now I come in contact with PIC programming. That is interesting too but, that is not what I want to do. I want to learn programming and eventually to make o job out of this.
Are you talking about embedding pic processors in machines to add functionality to them?:)

lilo says image not defined. : fatal error. what can i do???

Are you talking about embedding pic processors in machines to add functionality to them?:)
At work we are developing a new BLDC controller. We already have a working prototype but, without PIC. We want to use the PIC to monitor certain parameters and to shutdown the motor if something goes wrong. I have a college that has written a short program for that but it is only for the basics. We have a deadline in 2 weeks to present a working prototype at a fair in Frankfurt. For that it must only work. After that we can enhance it and then I will have also a little more time to learn.

At work we are developing a new BLDC controller. We already have a working prototype but, without PIC. We want to use the PIC to monitor certain parameters and to shutdown the motor if something goes wrong. I have a college that has written a short program for that but it is only for the basics. We have a deadline in 2 weeks to present a working prototype at a fair in Frankfurt. For that it must only work. After that we can enhance it and then I will have also a little more time to learn.

Cool man,:cool:
So, you are embedding a PIC into a project, and as a "watchdog" controller. That is the spirit, man! Start with a basic program, then flesh it out as you go. It amazes me how different my prototype is from the finished project! What processor are you using in the controller, if you don't mind me asking? What will it control? Are you using machine language, or a higher language to run it? Do you make your own boards, or send them out?

We use a lot of stepper motor controllers of different types in the robots at work. One of them failed a while back and was a throw-away, so I put it under my binocular microscope and started picking away at it (pun intended!:p), and lo and behold there was a PIC 16F876 at the heart of it. I managed to scavenge it and the 20Mhz can oscillator for it. I have done 2 of them so far. One of these days I will try to program them, but for now they are in my "Junk Box":):). By bench at work is set up for component level repair on multi-layer boards. Surf-mount is a challenge, especially when someone slams a door, or drops something heavy behind you while you are working. :eek:

I have a drawer full of basic stamps of various types here at home. I have embedded them in some of the machines at work too. We have been looking at the ATOM processor for a couple future projects too.

Ciao for now,
Paul

The PIC we are using is PIC16F1788. It has the capability to control itself the power module but for that it requiers too much programming so, for now we are using a separate controller for the power module. We use it only for speed monitoring, current monitoring, shutdown and startup sequence and for emergency shutdown. We will use the BLDC controller for industrial fan motors.
As long as we can fit our components on 2 layers, we build our own PCB´s.
I worked for 7 years as debug and analysis technician and I love to get my hands dirty with repair. The more difficult is to change a component, the more I love it. I always listen to heavy metal when I do sensitive repair work because it helps me to focus. I know it is strange but, works for me.
As I said, the programming part is made by my collegue with mikroBasic software. I did not have too much interraction with programming but I want to change that. I cannot wait for the next week to pass because there is a lot of pressure. I had not time to read anything. We had a working prototype but my boss decided in the last minute to include the PIC. I hope everything will work out and after that I will have a little more time on my hands.

The PIC we are using is PIC16F1788. It has the capability to control itself the power module but for that it requiers too much programming so, for now we are using a separate controller for the power module. We use it only for speed monitoring, current monitoring, shutdown and startup sequence and for emergency shutdown. We will use the BLDC controller for industrial fan motors.
As long as we can fit our components on 2 layers, we build our own PCB´s.
I worked for 7 years as debug and analysis technician and I love to get my hands dirty with repair. The more difficult is to change a component, the more I love it. I always listen to heavy metal when I do sensitive repair work because it helps me to focus. I know it is strange but, works for me.
As I said, the programming part is made by my collegue with mikroBasic software. I did not have too much interraction with programming but I want to change that. I cannot wait for the next week to pass because there is a lot of pressure. I had not time to read anything. We had a working prototype but my boss decided in the last minute to include the PIC. I hope everything will work out and after that I will have a little more time on my hands.
Sounds like you're knee deep in the fun part of it. Deadlines are sometimes unrealistic, especially when someone above you changes your design at the last moment. Good luck with it!

Ciao for now,
Paul

Members online