how do I get my interface and chipset to show

• using compat wireless

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • running some commands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
B

bossceoray

Hello, i'm trying to install my USB wireless adapter for my Linux but I am finding it difficult.
information about my USB wireless is below:

Wireless LAN Adapter for TV/BDP/HTS
S/N: WIS1X4HC7098776
MAC: C4731E2008CE

Ralink - 802.11n WLAN

Attachments

• imaaa.JPG
    imaaa.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 5,045

So, you are using Kali Linux which is based on Debian Testing, and you can't
---run airmon-ng
---install your wifi
---read your sources list...

Do you have a good reason to use Kali or do you just think it is "hip" to do so? Did you read the Kali website, particularly the bit that says
If you are looking for a Linux distribution to learn the basics of Linux and need a good starting point, Kali Linux is not the ideal distribution for you. You may want to begin with Ubuntu or Debian instead.

Debian Testing will break. Expect it to break. Unless you know how to recover from a breakage ... don't use Debian Testing.

I think Kali Linux themselves suggest that you shouldn't install Kali to your Hard Drive, you should install it on a USB stick and run it from there instead.

I don't know if Kali uses sudo or su. You can read (and write to!!!) your sources list if you open a Termnal and issue either the command:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
if you have sudo or
Code:
su
then
Code:
nano etc/apt/sources.list
if you don't have sudo .

So, you are using Kali Linux which is based on Debian Testing, and you can't
---run airmon-ng
---install your wifi
---read your sources list...

Do you have a good reason to use Kali or do you just think it is "hip" to do so? Did you read the Kali website, particularly the bit that says

Debian Testing will break. Expect it to break. Unless you know how to recover from a breakage ... don't use Debian Testing.

I think Kali Linux themselves suggest that you shouldn't install Kali to your Hard Drive, you should install it on a USB stick and run it from there instead.

I don't know if Kali uses sudo or su. You can read (and write to!!!) your sources list if you open a Termnal and issue either the command:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
if you have sudo or
Code:
su
then
Code:
nano etc/apt/sources.list
if you don't have sudo .
Kali has SUDO.

Hello, i'm trying to install my USB wireless adapter for my Linux but I am finding it difficult.
information about my USB wireless is below:

Wireless LAN Adapter for TV/BDP/HTS
S/N: WIS1X4HC7098776
MAC: C4731E2008CE

Ralink - 802.11n WLAN

The issue is that you are in a VM. airmon-ng does not have access to the wifi device directly so it cannot put the card into monitor mode.

airmon-ng start didnt work correctly it went into moniter mode but it didnt show me an interface what am i doing wrong ? any body can help me please
im using an kali linux on a vm

@draghack

Please don't not "hijack" someone else's thread by tagging your problem on the end. Start your own thread for your for your own question.

Kali does not work on a VM from an internal wifi card. I think the explanation might be that your computer is connected by the internal wifi card to your router ---so it can't access other wifi networks at the same time. It needs an external USB wifi as well. Look at https://forums.kali.org/archive/index.php/t-17469.html

hello kali lovers, i fixed this issue. i also faced problem after installing kali in virtual box, that it did not show wlan0 interface. but now it is showing wlan0 when i hit ifconfig in terminal. i just followed this video .you must watch it

- call themselves "hackers";
- run Windows;
- run Kali from VBox;
- first doesn't know what sources.list is;
- second how to spell compat-wireless.

dzheki-chan-facepalm.jpg

...Kali Linux which is based on Debian Testing...

Latest Kali (1.1.0) is based on Wheezy, seems like, which is oldstable.

Debian Testing won't break, even Experimental branch is stable.

Members online