After opensource its time for open-hardware

• Thread starter VishwaPrabhakar Singh
  • Start date
V

VishwaPrabhakar Singh

as we speak the

These day we are seeing tremendous increase in revealing of several malware attacks are embedded in our hardware by different secret services, I think its time for a new revolution as per today's need and its the Open source Hardware.
In 1994 Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds started a revolution by giving this world Open Source and soon the most secure, trust able, customisable operating system Linux was introduced. It was important because market was dominated by Microsoft for our need of operating system people had no option rather than to use windows.
Well this is the time where we need another revolution by the name of open hardware because now we can not trust our regular manufacturers of IT equipments because they get involve in dirty work of violating people life's privacy by creating and embedding security holes in the firmware of there hardware products.
This needs to be stopped
let me know your concerns
ITS TIME FOR ANOTHER REVOLUTION "THE OPEN SOURCE HARDWARE" TO PROTECT OUT RIGHT OF INTELLECTUAL PRIVACY AND SECURITY

as we speak the

These day we are seeing tremendous increase in revealing of several malware attacks are embedded in our hardware by different secret services, I think its time for a new revolution as per today's need and its the Open source Hardware.
In 1994 Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds started a revolution by giving this world Open Source and soon the most secure, trust able, customisable operating system Linux was introduced. It was important because market was dominated by Microsoft for our need of operating system people had no option rather than to use windows.
Well this is the time where we need another revolution by the name of open hardware because now we can not trust our regular manufacturers of IT equipments because they get involve in dirty work of violating people life's privacy by creating and embedding security holes in the firmware of there hardware products.
This needs to be stopped
let me know your concerns
ITS TIME FOR ANOTHER REVOLUTION "THE OPEN SOURCE HARDWARE" TO PROTECT OUT RIGHT OF INTELLECTUAL PRIVACY AND SECURITY
I could not agree more. Excellent post. I'll post this on my facebook.
jedson

An Open Source Dedication and Copyright. (Abreviated version.)
This work is dedicated to more people than I can name, or even know.
  • To the frogs and birds who are quietly disappearing. Whose voices I miss.
  • To the foxes, bats earthworms and the like, who taught me about the fabric into which we all warp and weave.
  • To Van Gogh who taught me about the sun. (A pox on all those who rich people who steal his works for a few million dollars a piece, when they rightfully belong to all of us.)
  • To all those other artists – famous and little known – who painted, or wrote or composed from their hearts.
  • To Dostoevsky who taught me to look beneath the surface.
  • To the painters at the Cave of Altamira and others like them who created art long before recorded history.
  • To the unknown ancient geniuses who contributed to the creation of language itself.
  • To those teachers who, despite my obvious shortcomings, encouraged me.
  • To the iconoclasts who helped me dig through the garbage that public school poured into my head so that I could find the occasional treasure. (At best we are all dump pickers.)
  • To Richard Stallman and Linus Torvalds, and those who worked with them, who gave us open source – both the idea and some of the software. And especially those who created Gimp.
  • And finally I would express my appreciation to God knows who else or how many contributed to the creation of this work. They are not to blame.
Open source must become a way of life – for our medicines, our ideas, our works of art, and our technologies. Microsoft must be subverted, in whatever sphere of life it is found. Our survival as a species depends on it.

Well realistically getting open source hardware is easier said then done, and sometimes compromises must be made.
The market isnt open source friendly and while the intentions are good actually achieving full opensource hardware is sadly a pipe dream.
But one could try to go as open source friendly as possible, like using intel integrated GPU's or working with open drivers for Nvidia/AMD (though I know many will hate this but I think Nvidia is better overall when it comes to good gpus)
One must take a balance, use what you can.

Members online

Latest posts