After installing Ubtuntu21.10, and restarted, got BootDevice not Found message

georgeyu100

Reaction score
Credits
I install ubuntu 21.10 few times. The installation processes follows the normal steps without any special configuration. Every time, at the end of installation, get the message "Please remove the installation medium, then press ENTER". After removed the USB drive physycally, and click enter key, it restarts. Then, got error message:

BootDevice not Found.
Please Install an Operating System on your hard disk.
hard disk - (3F0)

After tring few times, I find When choosing Reinstall Ubuntu 21.10, got:
No EFI System Partition was found…This installation process may fail.

After clicking Continue Button, I can see:

Size Used

/dev/sda2 fat32 /boot/efi 537 MB 33MB

But, when choose others like Eras disk and Install Ubuntu, no this issue.

My laptop is HP Elitebook 8560p with 500G SSD (AHCI) and 16G RAM. ubuntu 18.04 could run on it before.
How can I fix it? Thanks
ubuntu1.jpg
George
ubuntu2.jpg

Incorrect BIOS Settings – There are are various BIOS settings that are very crucial for the system to boot into an Operating System. For example when the Hard Disk is missing from the boot devices or it is not set as the primary device.
Another setting is about the partition style the computer expects on the Hard Disk. There are two partitioning styles i.e MBR and GPT. When a computer expects MBR and it finds GPT, it won’t be able to read the data on the partition which is the same for the other way round. So double check your BIOS Settings and make sure they are correct

Members online