Adobe flash didn't install 12.04 Kubuntu

U

URDRWHO

Today there were updates and all installed correctly except the flash package. I had a pop up that I clicked to run the command that would go to http://archive.canonical.com/pool/p...ugin/adobe-flashplugin_20150512.1.orig.tar.gz and install.

I watched the terminal show that it tried to go and complete the install but it stalled and failed.

I manually downloaded the flashplugin_20150512.1.orig.tar.gz but I have never been good at going about the manual tasks of installing the package.

I've extracted the files but where do I go from there?

Have you got kubuntu-restricted-extras ?

Restricted Extras
The Kubuntu Restricted Extras will install Adobe Flash Player, Java Runtime Environment (JRE) (sun-java-jre) with Firefox and Konqueror plug-ins (icedtea), a set of Microsoft Fonts (msttcorefonts), multimedia codecs (w32codecs or w64codecs), mp3-compatible encoding (lame), FFMpeg, extra multimedia codecs for K3b, the package for DVD decoding (libdvdread3, but see here for info on libdvdcss2), the unrar archiver, odbc, and cabextract. It also installs multiple "stripped" codecs and avutils (libavcodec-unstripped-52 and libavutil-unstripped-49). This is a single command approach.

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras

You could also use Ubuntu Restricted Extras (ubuntu-restricted-extras), but it installs plugins for the Gstreamer platform (the default in Gnome) and does not install the K3b codecs, so it is not recommended.
Note: Installation only works completely and properly when done from the command-line terminal Konsole. The entire package will not usually install completely from within a Package Manager.

Otherwise:

Adobe Flash Player for Firefox Plug-in
To install the official Adobe Flash plugin (Flash 10) for Firefox:

sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Kubuntu:Trusty#Introduction

Google Chrome or Chromium with Chrome's pepper flash are other alternatives though they are not open source. (Chromium is though). Opera and Vivaldi (technical preview) can use pepper flash as well.

Members online

Latest posts