ACPI error from Ununtu 22.04 LTS

Yeah, ACPI errors are common and mostly harmless. They're largely due to lazy OEMs using the same BIOS for multiple devices.

For what it's worth, you could also try a clean USB with Ubuntu 22.04 on it and see if that works. I'd expect it to, seeing as Mint is based on Ubuntu.

Yeah, ACPI errors are common and mostly harmless. They're largely due to lazy OEMs using the same BIOS for multiple devices.

For what it's worth, you could also try a clean USB with Ubuntu 22.04 on it and see if that works. I'd expect it to, seeing as Mint is based on Ubuntu.
Indeed Mint looks very familiar , so it's an excape route for my desktop and latop enviroment without having huge stepping stones for mailiarize my slf with another distro ( I tried Suse and Red Hat)
I'm considering Debian for the new server though.
I remain unconvinced that the acpi errors came about from the bios because I havben't updated the foirmware since i acquired the machine in 2014, and they started occuring or became visible after my move form 18.04 to 20.04; therefore i think ther is a factor from Ubuntu involved in this.
I'convinced that my problems lie beyond the ACPI eroors ( they are not the cause and not even a symptom of my problems but I cannot get to the bootlog and write it to a usb drive (in emergency mode) so that i can share it, and nobody answers my question what commands i can use to get that sorted. So it will remain a mystery what is the matter with my Ubuntu desktop.
But the way Ubuntu people are reacting defensively on Ask Ubuntu on other issues, and because of lost functionality with regards to SNAP and cardreaders , which is a real life and indispensible functionality and their disinterest to even consider resolving that issue. I've encountered this with other issues i have had in the past
problems with the new Netmanager in 18.04 which meant I could not connect my desktop with the network and the Internet , problems with the config.file for DNS resolution etc. This goes beyond the noirmal userlevel problems but i cannot find people to answer my questions
that is the reason I give up on Ubuntu

I think the best choice at this time would be to do a complete fresh install. Backup important data with the live usb session to off computer storage first.

Yes I think so too .
My data are on a 2Tb HDD which is currently out of order. which I need repaired

Staff online

Latest posts