ACPI BIOS Error - Please help me!

Noesis

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,
I'm a newbie to Linux and have installed Parrot a few months ago. It worked fine until now, but starting today, when I try to start my computer, I get stuck here (see picture). I don't know what to do and don't know how I can successfully start my computer. I'd be infinitely grateful if you can help me out!

Attachments

• IMG_20210923_175437.jpg
    IMG_20210923_175437.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 759

Do you have Parrot on one disk?

If you have more than one HDD, please let me know.

Running blkid will show all of your partitions.
Generally /dev/sda1 is your root partition and /dev/sda2 is your swap partition.

Before you go to the tutorial in the link below, try this first and see if it helps.
At the prompt type:

Code:
fsck -y /dev/sda1

If you get a lot of output on the screen after running that command than:

Reboot:-

If it doesn't fix it let me know.

Here is a more in depth tutorial if the command above didn't help.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your answer and your help. It didn't work though, I don't know if there is some step I misunderstood. I have only one HDD.

I got sh: fsck: not found
IMG_20210927_200622.jpg

II then followed the tutorial, but after these steps and then rebooting my computer without the rescue usb, I'm still stuck in the Busybox :
IMG_20210927_192541.jpg

Is there something I did wrong?

No, I don't think you did anything wrong.
Looks like you may have some block errors going on with the HDD.

I see that fsck is not found in the output you posted.
You can't repair the file system w/o it.
Also sudo is not installed.

Anyway, Parrot OS is for advanced Linux users that are good with forensics and penetration testing.
Parrot is built on Debian Testing, so unless you are very good at fixing broken packages like in Debian Sid unstable or Testing Parrot OS can be very challenging to run.

I recommend Debian 10 Buster or Debian 11 Bullseye stable.
Once you get your feet wet with the Debian package management system than running Parrot will be easier for you.

FWIW, when I was running Parrot every time the system would update it would break my interface and I grew tired of fixing it.

Here's an article that may help you but I'm afraid this is out of the park for me.

By running the standard check fsck, the system will report back if there are any block-type errors that are in need of repair. If there are block errors, the interactive check should take care of them.

Maybe @Tolkem or @Lord Boltar can assist you.

Do not run fsck on a mounted device, you will need to unmount the target first to avoid damage to your files.

Also since Parrot is based on Debian did the kernel get a recent update?

nouveau 0000:01:00.0: bus: MMIO read of 00000000 FAULT at 022554 [ IBUS ] is a bug

when you boot from a Live USB does this happen?

That look being a problem in disk.
Create a HDAT2 cd and start the machine using HDAT2 cd.
The software has option to test all disk and display SMART status.
If the disk is perfect you need test the file system on disk, but caution if has any BTRFS. Not use fschk in BTRFS.

Members online

Latest posts