Acer C720 chrome book driver support

MLeonard

Credits
Hi All,

I know this hardware is very old, I want to run Linux on it. I came across the blog of Jeff Hoogland and I found that the default Bodhi Linux iso image does not have drivers for all peripherals. Also, I am not able to find bodhi Linux iso for Acer c720.

Does Bodhi Linux 5.1.0 has the required Linux driver for Acer c720? If not where I can find iso for Acer c720, older or new version?

Regards

captain-sensible

Credits
well
5.1.0[1]2020-03Current version, based on Ubuntu 18.04.04
so Bodhi 5.1.0 is based on Ubuntu 18.04.04 which is 5.3 something kernel.So you can then look at kernel 5.3 support for hardware. Trouble is the "exact" hard ware for your Acer c&20 would help . To do that use Ventoy.net or other put on a Live OS boot from it then you can run some commands to find out from live OS .

Vrai

Credits
Hi All,

I know this hardware is very old, I want to run Linux on it. I came across the blog of Jeff Hoogland and I found that the default Bodhi Linux iso image does not have drivers for all peripherals. Also, I am not able to find bodhi Linux iso for Acer c720.

Does Bodhi Linux 5.1.0 has the required Linux driver for Acer c720? If not where I can find iso for Acer c720, older or new version?

Regards
You probably will not find a Linux distro .iso for a specific brand and model of laptop (Acer C720 for example). What you most likely will find is a Linux distro intended for a category of machine - such as 32bit, 64bit, PowerPC, etc., etc.

IMHO the easiest way to determine what will and will not work with your machine is to just download the .iso, write it to a bootable USB flash drive, and boot the machine with it. If it does not work the way you want it is very easy to try a different Linux distro.

Depending on how old that blog post by Jeff Hoogland is - the Linux kernel may have better hardware support for the Acer C720 now.

Members online