Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

1. More ways to get the info! - we shoot all of our new original content out as well as random messages on Twitter and our newsletter!. Twitter | Newsletter
    Dismiss Notice

About embedded linux

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by 23240608, Feb 6, 2019.

1. 23240608

23240608 New Member

Hello, I'm new to this forum. This summer I decided to learn about embedded system. I just don't know the difference between using linux for Microchip and window for microchip. I choose rasp for my project and use sensor like temperature, humidity, .... and control motor, camera,data transmitting.
    I'm now using dual OS, window 10 and ubuntu, is that ok ? About ubuntu, I'm still learning.
    btw, the term build OS for your own which I don't understand ( I mean if you have board (rasp for example) and a module camera which they don't know each other and you have to write a driver for it ?? )

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

2. Condobloke

Condobloke Well-Known Member

G'day 23240608, and Welcome to Linux.org

Have a look and a read HERE

That site may or may not help you......they do have people from all over the world contributing

Good Luck