Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

1. More ways to get the info! - we shoot all of our new original content out as well as random messages on Twitter and our newsletter!. Twitter | Newsletter
    Dismiss Notice

Ableton and Accounting software on Linux

Discussion in 'General Linux' started by Jsoundboy, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Jsoundboy

Jsoundboy New Member

First off hello forum, I have not installed Linux so I'm newer than a newbie.

I have come to a dead end with Windows. A recent hard drive failure has forced me to re-think my system. I was very comfortable using Windows 7 but aware of the impending cease for support. Even though I would love to break free from the shackles of Windows I just can't see a way forward with linux. The biggest issue I have is I use ableton 10 suite (DAW) which is not supported in Linux. Also as far as I can see there are no accounting software programs available on Linux that are going to be supported by HMRC.

I can't see the point in using Linux as an OS then having to run Windows 10 in Virtualbox or running a duel boot machine.

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

Has anyone successfuly used Ableton in Linux and can anyone shed some light on a practical solution to accounting requirements.

I really want to swap but feel I cannot.
    Any help or suggestions appreciated.

wizardfromoz likes this.
  2. Mutney

Mutney New Member

I had this issue and so decided to migrate over to a web based solution. I use sage one, which does automatically submit everything necessary to HMRC.

wizardfromoz and Jsoundboy like this.
  3. Condobloke

Condobloke Well-Known Member

wizardfromoz likes this.
  4. Jsoundboy

Jsoundboy New Member

Hey thanks for the suggestions. I think the cloud option is probably the only way forward for the accounts, I did find Gnucash before posting 'Condobloke' and i'm sure it's a more than capable program. (Only not verified or supported by companies house or HMRC) I am going to run Linux mint I think with Windows in a virtualbox for now.

wizardfromoz and Vrai like this.