A Seasonal Message From A Wizard

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
At this time of year, I am uplifted to see, around the site, so many Members, new and old (and likewise with their Memberships), enjoying a joke, sharing and making friendships.

I have hesitated to share with the General Membership the news that on 30th May past, I lost my wife of 24 years, Elaine, who had struggled with Systemic Lupus and other illnesses for 21 years (I was her Carer). Hesitated to mention it here now, as I know it will sadden some people I hold dear, at a time of celebration and family ties.

BUT (and we all know that Wizard's butt is seldom far behind him), I feel it better for me to get this out in the open, because I am of no use to anyone if I am not looking after Numero Uno.

In the Southern Downs part of Queensland, Australia, where we live (and I will be saying "we" for a long time yet), as well as this time of year, we have a Christmas in July celebration. It was never more Christmassy then on Friday 17th July 2015, when Stanthorpe had its first snow in 34 years. We had bought a block of land and later built our home on it, and here are pictures resulting from a kind neighbour who took a bale of hay and transformed it.

3oWn4YZ.jpg

and

KwgnuKu.jpg

During this season, I take comfort from a part of the signature of my dear friend Brian @Condobloke , which says, in part

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly …. Especially in C19 times.
It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time — the mind, protecting its sanity — covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy.

Do remember the "speak kindly" part for around the Forum, won't all of you?

Have a joyous season, and a safe and Happy New Year, and I look forward to seeing you all in 2023.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

mnd_somd_364_lge.jpg

It's always a sad time when we loose our soul mate. And I know you have suffered Grief because of that in 22. Hope 23 brings much healing and comfort. May Christmas and the New year bring you hope. And we certainly appreciate all you do for the Forum.

I am both sorry for your loss and grateful for your contributions.

As verbose as I can be, I think the above states it as well as any long and flowery prose could.

I was very grieved to hear your wife past, my condolences.

Thank you so much for all that you do here!

Best wishes for a New Year-

Much love @wizardfromoz!! You should get yourself a dog or a cat, I have found that pets give us humans love too even though it isn't the same has human love.
istockphoto-489976800-612x612.jpg

I already have a cat, Maarten. :) Your cat Ezio pops up on my wallpapers from time to time, and he costs me nothing to feed, and no kitty litter.

Speaking of Ezio, it's coming up on 12 months since he became a Houdini escapologist with the New Year fireworks, so make sure those windows are latched when the time comes. ;)

Chris