A quick article that puts together a couple of previous articles.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
This is my site.

It is just a quick article that does two things. One, it puts two previous articles together. Two, it shows one of the reasons why I'm putting the work into this site - it aims to help make Linux more approachable. Ideally, the things on the site will be things you can actually use, rather than tutorials about things that probably don't really impact many Linux users.

---------------

While you're there...

That's a page I'm working on. I want to make a page of valuable links, but I only got that far before I ran out of steam. Feel free to use the form to recommend additional sites for inclusion. If you've got a site of your own, feel free to recommend it.

but I only got that far before I ran out of steam.

Yer gettin' old. Join the club.

Ta for sharing and the good work you do for us and for Linux.

Wiz

I'll have to do the Linux Links page again sometime - to see if I can drum up some activity. I know there are more links folks would suggest. I tried to make it easy for them to suggest links. It probably should have been its own post - but I made the post and the page on the same day.

Ah well... At least it's now there and I can always add more links as I need to or come across them.

I like your articles, I at one point was going to make a blog of my GNU/Linux journey to help other noobs, I created the blog but then I discovered it's a lot harder to think of content to write about and to make good written articles. so I never ended up making any content and here I am quite a few years later. BTW, shouldn't it be GNU/Linux Tips, you can't do much with the kernel alone.

LOL I'm just gonna save the time and type "Linux" and not "GNU/Linux" every time. Folks will either know what it means or won't care. The vast majority will be in the latter group. Much the same as this site is not called GNU/Linux.org.

And, if you ever feel like writing an article or two, registration is both open and there's an easy form to fill out and write articles yourself. They'll go to the drafts section and, if they're any good I can easily hit the publish button after checking for formatting and errors.

Members online

Latest posts