4k video editing

L

Larry123

Hello:

I have some 4k video footage that I wish to edit with color grading. A few transition and 16:7 aspect ratio for the film look.
I don't have a very fast computer but I am hoping to achieve my goal with limited resources.
My laptop spec:
Intel Quad-Core Pentium N3540 (2.16GHz), 8GB DDR3L (1066MHz) RAM, 750GB drive(5400 rpm), Graphic card: Intel UMA

Additional accessories:
USB 3.0 128gb flash drive
USB 3.0 240gb external hard drive

Will it work for 4k video editing using my low-end laptop?
Which Linux video editing software uses least resources?

I will be installing ubuntu to my laptop if the above setup is workable.

I would be appreciated if any expert can help me out here.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Hello:

I have some 4k video footage that I wish to edit with color grading. A few transition and 16:7 aspect ratio for the film look.
I don't have a very fast computer but I am hoping to achieve my goal with limited resources.
My laptop spec:
Intel Quad-Core Pentium N3540 (2.16GHz), 8GB DDR3L (1066MHz) RAM, 750GB drive(5400 rpm), Graphic card: Intel UMA

Additional accessories:
USB 3.0 128gb flash drive
USB 3.0 240gb external hard drive

Will it work for 4k video editing using my low-end laptop?
Which Linux video editing software uses least resources?

I will be installing ubuntu to my laptop if the above setup is workable.

I would be appreciated if any expert can help me out here.

Thank you.

That is one cool idea,but thing is that for 4K type video editing u need to have some horse power(processing power) and also ram.
I think i7 provides multithreading with is good for video editing and better u use windows or mac .

If you want to edit 4K video you will need an i7, at least 8GB RAM and a good graphics card like GTX1060. Also you will benefit from an SSD drive for faster read and write speeds.

DaVinci Resolve is available for CentOS as far as I remember. It supports the 4K resolution.

Hope this helps! :)

Members online