• Thread starter Deleted member 137406
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy St. Patricks day to you too! This is probably amongst my most favorite holidays as it typically signals spring is here/on its way as well as the amount of green and somewhat history to follow it.

Happy St. P´s day to all!

We made our St. Patrick's Day tradition of Reuben sandwiches for dinner last night. For us, that's rye bread with thousand island dressing spread on both sides, sauerkraut, corned beef, and Swiss cheese. Butter the outside and grill. An unhealthy treat!

No meat in our house today. We'll watch "The Quiet Man" tonight.

ENJOY
Murphys_IrishStout.jpg

Yep same here being Lent and we're Catholic.
According to my partner, you can make an exception, eat meat on St. Patrick's Day if it happens to fall on a Friday, and skip meat another day. Her mother was unhappy because it was not mentioned in the printed church bulletin. They announced it on the local TV news broadcast this morning, but my partner complained that it was too late for people to buy meat and re-plan meals on such short notice. (She knew about the exception from a previous St. Patrick's Day on a Friday, but chose to have our special dinner last night anyway.)

whoops, I didnt have a choice about the meat. Stuck in a hospital eating turkey sandwiches and fruit cups with occasional breaks to go to school.

the sandwiches are pretty good though.

The Wife actually mentioned that although we decided to stay with traditional Catholic rules of Lent and abstain so not to much to ask.

Actually the Catholic Church allows anyone 60 years old and over to eat meat if they want but we don't and we're both 71 years old.

Can't always believe the news and here's what I found.

Are you in the in the hospital because of medical reasons.
yes, mental issues but this ain't the place to talk about that, ill just have you know I'm doing great and getting the help I need!

I hate to ruin your fun, but let's remember religion is strictly prohibited. Don't make me be the bad guy!

Now, that said, today is when the amateurs go out and drink to excess. I find it best to stay home - at least away from public parties/gatherings.

Also, Murphy's Irish Stout is absolutely delicious.

Now back to your regularly scheduled festivities thread.

Also, I will not be having corned beef and cabbage.

This is an oversight. A horrible, horrible oversight.

Isn't cabbage supposed to be a good source of probiotics?

I dunno? All I know is that it's generally delicious. I'm not too fond of sauerkraut - but I do like kimchi. I like pretty much any other form I've tried besides sauerkraut. I'll eat it if it's on a hotdog, rather than pick it off, but I'll eat almost everything served to me. At the very least, I'll try to eat it.

I am not a picky eater either, The only thing stopping me is my very sensitive stomach and digestive system, cant eat much for dairy, grease, sugar, spice, and other things harsh on your stomach, which sucks. But I haven't tried those foods listed though. should I at some point?

I dunno? All I know is that it's generally delicious. I'm not too fond of sauerkraut - but I do like kimchi. I like pretty much any other form I've tried besides sauerkraut. I'll eat it if it's on a hotdog, rather than pick it off, but I'll eat almost everything served to me. At the very least, I'll try to eat it.
Sauerkraut on a hotdog is okay. I'll choke down cabbage if the alternative is starving. Never tried kimchi.

should I at some point?

They might not do well with a digestive track problem. Cabbage is also known to cause gas.

I'll choke down cabbage if the alternative is starving.

I like cabbage. I do not like turnip (nor parsnips). I've tried. I've tried about every turnip variation you can think because almost every time I mention that I don't like turnip they try to feed it to me in a way that they're sure I'll like it.

No... No, that [beep.wav] is disgusting. They can take their turnip and [beep.wav] right off with the [beeeeeeep.wav]. I do not like turnip. My mother liked the stuff and used to sneak it into all sorts of stuff, like beef stew. Horrible, horrible stuff. It's food unfit for human consumption, as far as I'm concerned.

I've eaten a goat's eye, sheep brains, and hot dogs made from cow tongue (and so much more), but turnip is right out of the question.

Saint Patrick's Day is about Saint so if Religion is prohibited than this whole thread is against the forum policy rules.

I figure it's acceptable to say "Happy St. Patricks's Day" and whatnot without actually delving into the religious aspect - just like we managed to do a Christmas thread without anyone delving into the holiday's origin.

If you, the individual, can't do that then you may want to skip the thread entirely.

It's not worth closing the thread unless one wants to try to force me to. Again, don't make me be the bad guy. 'Snot like I wrote the rules.

Just stick to greetings and stuff like that - just like you all happily managed to do in the Christmas threads. We can be adults. I'm sure of it! Well, I'm reasonably sure that we *can*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online