20GB in SSD for EndeavoursOS

peniamati

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all, i'm new in the forum. I am currently using endeavouros in my notebook which has a 1tb hdd and a 120gb ssd with windows 11 already installed in my ssd, so i only have 20gb free to assign to endeavouros maybe so it could help to start the system faster. I attach gparted screenshots with my devices partitions. Hope you could help me!

1679582785983.png

1679582904922.png

Hello @peniamati,
Welcome to the Forum.
20 Gbs should be ok to start with but If your going to add programs and save data it will run out fairly quickly.
I would go for at least 40gbs. more if you can. I use about about 15 Gbs for the system and another 20 or so for data/personal stuff. That's 35 Gbs right there. Good Luck.

Thanks for your answer, im in a software engineer career, so i need to use different ide for different programming languages. Is there any viable way to have all my data and apps in the hdd and only the boot into ssd? I know that linux isnt the same as windows so i will understand if it isnt viable!

Yes it would be possible but you would have to shrink the window partition a create a Linux home partition. You could make a file in windows and use that to store your personal files. But the drawback to that is when you install new Packages their config files etc will not be able to be stored there and will continue to be added to the SSD.

Yes it would be possible but you would have to shrink the window partition a create a Linux home partition. You could make a file in windows and use that to store your personal files. But the drawback to that is when you install new Packages their config files etc will not be able to be stored there and will continue to be added to the SSD.
Oh i see, will have to manually move etc config files every time i install new packages... will see if can take more size of my windows ssd partition. Thank you!

Just a quick note:

If you're going to resize a Windows disk/partition, you should do so with Windows-specific tools instead of using Linux to do so. Linux only has limited capacity to work with NTFS-formatted disks and trying to use Linux tools for this task will likely result in data-loss, corrupted partitions, and that sort of stuff.

Hi KGIII thanks for your advice. I use windows disk manager for windows partition and gparted for linux partitions!

Members online

Latest posts