14.04 LTS Language support is incomplete

U

URDRWHO10

After updating from 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS I keep getting a notification when I reboot or log back into the desktop. The notification is Language support is incomplete. In system settings english is the only language I have set and I have tried to figure out what it is needing but can't do it.

Everything runs well.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I went to that link but my 14.04 KDE doesn't have these underlined that were mentioned on that link.
  1. Click the icon at the very right of the menu bar and select System Settings.
  2. In the Personal section, click Language Support.
The closest thing I have is system settings/locale and it is in locale that I can choose the country and languages. I am in the USA and chose

1. Country - USA
2. Language - American English

Reboot computer and I get the same notification. I don't have to hit the notification because things seem to work well if it doesn't install whatever it is that it installs. I could choose to hide forever but I kind of like everything working as it is to work.

I think I know what is going on but not sure how to stop it.

In system setup /auto start / startup - shut down there is a script that starts pre-KDE start-up. It is a script that starts setlocale.sh
There are three options available for it to run
1. Pre-KDE startup
2. Startup
3. Shut down

I tried number 2 - startup. When I logged in the desktop started, in the taskbar you could see that Kate was started but once Kate stopped --- the desktop was dead. No applications would start. I had to attempt to get into system setup / startup - shut down and change the option back to Pre-KDE startup. It took a while because I had to have it accomplished before Kate started and stopped. If I were late nothing would run. It was almost impossible and I thought I would need to re-install Kubuntu desktop.

I'm not even going to try the shutdown option.

The big question is why this script exists and how to do away with it.

Last edited:
Ignore the notification, all it will download is help files for Libreoffice and updates for it, it does not download any necessary packages.

Members online

Latest posts