Linux (I use MINT) Browsers and VPNs

Just sharing what I use. Nord VPN and Brave browser. As far as I know, I don't use any add ons or extensions at all. As far as I know, I've yet to have any issues.
Thanks Danbor. Nord VPN and Brave seem pretty popular with others too. Cheers

If you want a free VPN try riseup VPN. If you want a paid option use mullvad. As far as chrome on Linux I'd suggest using chromium instead of chrome. It's what chrome is built on but without all the proprietary crap Google adds on to make chrome.

Id say using Google's chrome is fine if you only intend to use it for Google services when signed in to your Google account. I would use a different browser for everything else. This is sometimes called "browser isolation" and it's a good technique to avoid or minimize google spying on your Internet activity outside of the Google services you use. If you don't use any Google services then I don't see the point of using Google Chrome.

Last edited:
If you want a free VPN try riseup VPN. If you want a paid option use mullvad. As far as chrome on Linux I'd suggest using chromium instead of chrome. It's what chrome is built on but without all the proprietary crap Google adds on to make chrome.

Id say using Google's chrome is fine if you only intend to use it for Google services when signed in to your Google account. I would use a different browser for everything else. This is sometimes called "browser isolation" and it's a good technique to avoid or minimize google spying on your Internet activity outside of the Google services you use. If you don't use any Google services then I don't see the point of using Google Chrome.
Thanks for that. Cheers

Latest posts