Why Mozilla And Canonical Should Join Forces

Discussion in 'Linux News' started by News, Feb 26, 2012.

1. News

News LF News Poster

Where do I begin? This idea entered my head the same day that Canonical announced Ubuntu For Android. That same day, information leaked about a desktop-capable Android, most likely Android 5.0 Jelly Bean. The appeal of tethering Ubuntu to a monitor, keyboard and mouse–from an Android phone– is tremendous. The appeal of attaching an Android phone to a monitor and gaining desktop functionality while only having to use one OS is much greater, I’m afraid…

More...
  2. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Member

I read the article and came away with the feeling that the writer hadn't quite got all his thoughts on the matter properly sorted out. For one, to have Ubuntu joining up with Mozilla to take on Google is more than just a David vs Goliath scenario. Google is much, much more than just a search engine. They have a very strong team. Ubuntu and Mozilla together wouldn't even make a dent in Google's market influence.

I am not saying that Google shouldn't be challenged. What I am saying is that it takes a lot more than Ubuntu and Mozilla to pick a fight with Google. Fight as in a fair fight with a fair chance of winning.