1. IMPORTANT - 11/13/2015: In light of a possible breach we have scrubbed all passwords. You will need to request a password reset through the site. Click here for more information.

VPN tunell to SSH tunell jump

Discussion in 'Linux Networking' started by Tinuviel, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Jun 8, 2012
    pc1(windows) --ssh_tunell(SOCKS5)--> edge_server(linux)--> local_network with server A and page example.com

So after configure pc1 I was able to see example.com on it thanks to ssh tunnel

Now it is a bit different:
    pc1(linux) --VPN_tunnel(L2TP/IPSec)--> VPN_server(linux) --ssh_tunell(SOCKS5)--> edge_server(linux) --> local_network with server A and page example.com

I can brows internet via VPN tunnel on pc1, ping VPN server local (virtual) IP - so connection from pc1 to VPN server is ok
    I can get to example.com from VPN server - connection from VPN server to edge server is ok.
    I can't get to example.com from pc1 - something is wrong

I was trying to configure firefox proxy with VPN server local virtual IP or with external IP but it is not working. I think that I should somehow forward all request from pc1 to vpn server not to it's internet interface but to ssh tunnel but I don't now how. Any help?