How can I repair the libraries on my system

R

ryanvade

Hello everybody.
I am having problems with program libraries on my system. Some don't seem to be located others not usable. I don't really know why. Here is the specific reasons why I think the libraries need fixed:

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cuda_common.o: undefined reference to symbol '__gxx_personality_v0@@CXXABI_1.3'
/usr/bin/ld: note: '__gxx_personality_v0@@CXXABI_1.3' is defined in DSO /lib64/libstdc++.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../run/john] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ryan/Hacking-tools/john-1.7.9-jumbo-6/src'
make: *** [linux-x86-64-cuda] Error 2

make all 
Building target: deviceQuery
Invoking: NVCC Linker
nvcc -m64 -link -o  "deviceQuery"  ./src/deviceQuery.o   
/usr/local/cuda/bin/../lib64/libcudart.so: undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_unhook()@GLIBCXX_3.4.15'
/usr/local/cuda/bin/../lib64/libcudart.so: undefined reference to `std::__detail::_List_node_base::_M_hook(std::__detail::_List_node_base*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.15'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [deviceQuery] Error 1

./adb: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

sudo ldconfig
[sudo] password for ryan: 
ldconfig: /lib64/libgnome-menu.so.2 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

ldconfig: /lib64/libgnome-menu.so.2.4.13 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

This command runs through all the rpms on your system and verifies their contents. But it sometimes reports lots of insignificant stuff, so you could add --nomtime. The nine dots and letters are explained in the VERIFY OPTIONS section of man rpm.
Code:
rpm -Va

The Fedora Cuda page says to run this command to verify you have important libraries installed:
Code:
rpm --query --list xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs | grep -P '\.so(\.[123])?$'

thanks, can you give me more info?

Thank you for your advice. I will try this out...
Code:
rpm -Va
returned some errors, how can I fix them?

A lot of files get legitimately modified in some way during installation or operation, so I don't worry about them unless there's a problem. Though if you have an MD5 failure, "5", on an executable, that's probably cause for worry. If your think there's a problem with a package, you can do:
yum reinstall <package>

Members online