Turn Your Netbook into an Android Device with Android x86

Discussion in 'Linux News' started by News, Mar 3, 2012.

1. News

News LF News Poster

Got an ASUS Eee PC netbook lying around gathering dust? Thanks to the Android x86 project, you can turn it into a neat little device running the latest version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich of the Android OS. Installing Android x86 on a regular netbook is not just a geeky way to kill time. If you want to check out the latest version of Android, and you don't feel like forking out for the latest smartphone or tablet, you can repurpose your old netbook as an Android testing platform. If you already have an Android device, but you don't want to go through the rigmarole of rooting it, running Android x86 on a netbook (or as a virtual machine using either Oracle VirtualBox or QEMU virtualization software) provides a perfect solution to the problem. Category: End usersTagging: EeePcandroidLicense: Verbatim only Full story here.

More...

2. DarthVader3257

DarthVader3257 New Member

Simulating an Android on a laptop? Nothing cooler than that! This seems really interesting for people that are willing to try out the Android phone on their own netbook. If I owned a Linux, I would most definitely try this out. Cheers!
  3. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Member

Android on a pc is good news. Ubuntu on Android is even better news. That's what I just heard recently. Ubuntu is now available for the Android platform.