FL studio software alternative for linux

T

thelowbudget

There's a recommended application called LMMS (Linux Multi-Media Studio). Has anybody tried this or have any better suggestions. I want to install with sudo so the repository,update,install page link would be appreciated.:cool:

I've never personally used LMMS, but looking at it, it seems very similar to FL Studio. Best thing to do is just install it and see if its what you're looking for. Unlike IDEs and such, music apps are a lot more geared towards a certain type of artist.

Interesting software. Downloading it now. I am in the market, so to say, for a professional level audio editing software for Linux so this will be a good candidate to try out.

Windows software does not work on Linux unless the developers have put out a specific Linux version.[/url]

Sorry but this is a flat out lie, WINE exists to make Windows software run on Linux.

Why not just use FL studio on your computer. People have figured out ways to have it run smoothly. They have several emulators out there that are reliable. Check out Wine or use virtual box.

Sorry but this is a flat out lie, WINE exists to make Windows software run on Linux.

True but not always true. Wine works for many software written for Windows. I haven't tried them all but I know that World of Warcraft can be run on Linux using Wine. Can be run but cannot be played because the frame rate fell to less than 10fps which makes it too slow to play. When I run World of Warcraft under Windows 8 on the same old laptop, I can get up to 50fps.

Anyway why does anyone want to run Windows software on Linux via Wine?

There are plenty of Linux programs which can do the same thing which is done with Windows software. Take, for example, OpenOffice. This suite of programs can do everything that Microsoft Office can. Plus it can read and write to Microsoft Office formats.

Members online