Hey

K

Keeb

Just signed up, not a total Linux newbie but not a pro yet either!

I've mainly toyed around with Live CDs and a few installations such as Ubuntu and CentOS for a basic web server. Hoping to learn more and share what I know as well.

Hey Keeb, welcome to the Linux Forums. I'm new here as well and like you, not a total newbie but not quite a pro either. I'm sort of in the middle myself.

Just signed up, not a total Linux newbie but not a pro yet either!

I've mainly toyed around with Live CDs and a few installations such as Ubuntu and CentOS for a basic web server. Hoping to learn more and share what I know as well.

Hey Welcome to the Linux Forum, how about that you introduce yourself a bit more? What kind of Webserver did you used? What kind of Website do you want to mirror into the www :) ?

so far
akendo

I used a Pentium 4 for the web server (don't remember the exact specs lol) and as for the website, it was just a basic WordPress install. I wasn't going to use for a live production site, was mainly curious to see if it could handle it without any problems and it lived up to expectations.

That's great. Are you want making your own blog? About what? Have you tried to run it inside of a Virtual Machine?

I'm using also Wordpress, a very powerful CMS. I prefer it before Joomal and Durpal. It's easy to setup and have a great plugin system.

so far
Akendo

Welcome Keeb :) how do you like it here so far? Ive only been here a day but can vouch for this site for being helpful and friendly :)

Members online