Want to learn linux in 3 month?

F

Fresh2Linux

Hi

I'm Fresh To Linux Amd Realy Motivated To GEt Certified. I'm Looking To Do So In 3 Months By PuttIng A Lot Of Time In.

Realistic?

How detailed do you want to be? Best experience is not to try and learn something in a certain amount of time. You learn at your own pace, most of the time you can't set that pace. ;) How much time have you got into linux already? How many people do you know who use linux too? Are you willing to spend for classes? Books? Tutorials? What disto are you using? Are you certified in other areas? Formal training? Sorry, this is not a question for us. Only YOU can know it learning Linux is possible in 3 months.

OK ! this is good .. could it be possible but actually not .. as to form the logic and concepts of the same demands sheer practice and good insight to reach at that level where you may call yourself a Linux known person .. so give it a fair amount of time because definitely you can learn it but going through developing the skills required that is a matter of time and regular practice.

Short version - It's not about how many months, but how many hours in those months.

Typically
Working with video or a book - Instruciton hours, practice hours, lab hours
Linux competency - equivalent 3 credits (if 1 year at college = 30 credits)
100 hours instruction / 20 hours lab / 100 hours homework.
Linux proficeincy - dquivalend 6 credits (30/year)
200 hours instruciton / 40 hours lab / 200 hours hoomework.
about the same as a year long or intense term course.
Linux expertise - equivalent of 9-12 credits (30/year)
350 hours instruction / 100 hours lab / 300 hours homework
approximately 750 hour
3 months - 90 days - 2160 hours - So if you devote 8 hours a day 7 days a week you'd get there. There are ways to accelerate this, but this is roughly equivalent. If you can deovete this kind of intensity, you should be able to get there. BUT THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE 4 HOURS OF checking sports scores while you do it.

/aj

Short version - It's not about how many months, but how many hours in those months.

Typically
Working with video or a book - Instruciton hours, practice hours, lab hours
Linux competency - equivalent 3 credits (if 1 year at college = 30 credits)
100 hours instruction / 20 hours lab / 100 hours homework.
Linux proficeincy - dquivalend 6 credits (30/year)
200 hours instruciton / 40 hours lab / 200 hours hoomework.
about the same as a year long or intense term course.
Linux expertise - equivalent of 9-12 credits (30/year)
350 hours instruction / 100 hours lab / 300 hours homework
approximately 750 hour
3 months - 90 days - 2160 hours - So if you devote 8 hours a day 7 days a week you'd get there. There are ways to accelerate this, but this is roughly equivalent. If you can deovete this kind of intensity, you should be able to get there. BUT THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE 4 HOURS OF checking sports scores while you do it.

/aj

Thanks for the break down.

Currently I work as a mental health therapist. I do have A Lot Of Time To Study and have already finished a 101 course in about 3 weeks.

In high school iI learned COBoL and Loved It. Linux Is Bringing A Lot Of Stuff I LearNed Back To Me Or At Least The Logic.

Thanks For The Input Guys.

the better would be to go for the tutorials on google that are totally free of cost. you would definitly come to know about linux here after viewing them

I use Linux nearly 15-20 hours a day and I got to install Arch without many issues a week after first using Linux.

Members online

Latest posts