1. IMPORTANT - 11/13/2015: In light of a possible breach we have scrubbed all passwords. You will need to request a password reset through the site. Click here for more information.

Problem with USB adapter

Discussion in 'Linux Networking' started by Mister Fox, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Mister Fox

Mister Fox New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I have a Netgear WNDA3100 USB Wireless Network Adapter. I ran the install disk's setup using WINE (it is designed for Windows) and I was able to extract the folder containing the driver for the device. I loaded the driver in Windows Wireless Drivers (ndiswrapper), and it was recognized. When I plugged in the USB adapter, this showed up-
    (Sorry, it wouldn't let me upload the pics directly).

I assume this is some sort of crash, but I don't know how to fix it. When this shows up everything else freezes and I have to restart my computer. Does anyone know what I can do?
  2. Kerms

Kerms New Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Drivers for windows, in all cases except for really rare ones, never work with linux. This means, the wine thing is futile; you won't make it work like that.
    Secondly, the kernel did not like what the driver for the card did, and panicked. What I would do is send in a bug report to your OS's bug tracker.