No resume from suspend in debian7 xfce

Discussion in 'Laptops / Netbooks' started by nephilim, Jan 15, 2014.

1. nephilim

nephilim Member

I'm running Debian 7.3 with xfce on an hp pavillion dv2000 laptop. Whether I select suspend from the menu or close the lid with it as an option I get a blank screen on resume. I can get into a tty with no screen and login by imagination and sudo reboot. I'm using 3.2.0-4-amd64. Any ideas to get this to work like a different kernel or edit something in pm-utils?
    I used suspend in command line with --quirk-dpms-on and it resumed once... but never worked again. I've come up short with my search for answers so any advice would be appreciated.

DevynCJohnson likes this.
  2. ryanvade

ryanvade Administrator Staff Member Staff Writer

does suspending with
    Code:
    pm-suspend
    work?

Do you have swap?
  3. nephilim

nephilim Member

It did once when I added '--quirk-dpms-on' to it, but it never did again. I tried liquorix 3.11 and 3.6 kernel through smxi today but to no avail. I'm wondering if I should try nvidia drivers instead of nouveau.
    I had it working on crunchbang a while ago, but can't remember what I did....

I recently backed up /home on my ubuntu and #! partitions, formatted, and did a clean debian 7 xfce install. Suspend is the only thing I can't get working.
  4. nephilim

nephilim Member

This is SOLVED in case anyone else comes across this specific problem.... and doesn't supply error logs and more specs...sorry

I used smxi to install the nvidia 7xxxx drivers. However the nvidia-debian drivers in smxi detected the incorrect display (wrong resolution options) and resume from suspend was still broken. Smxi was also what I used to try the liquorx kernels. It's very easy to use and seems pretty powerful.

If anyone is interested, this is the guide I used both on #! Waldorf and Debian 7 XFCE: http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=22740
    ryanvade likes this.