Help Needed: Bridged Network & IPV6

B

bkm

I am looking for help to assign IPV6 address to a bridge network. I'm explaining my problem below.

I have a Kimsufi server with 5 IPV4 addresses (1 main + 4 additional). I am using CentOS6.3 on the server. So I used KVM and created 4 VM to host 4 different services. My server's main IPV4 is attached to eth0 and a bridged network is created as br0.

My 4 VMs are using this bridged network (br0) to connect to the internet. IPV4 addresses assigned to them are working fine. But when I assign IPV6 addresses I am facing one problem.

Assuming my IPV6 subnet being (2001:41d0:1:abcd::/64), I assigned 2001:41d0:1:abcd::1/64 to my servers eth0. After I restart network service I can see that they are assigned to eth0. But when I try to ping a IPV6 address I get following error
connect: Network is unreachable
I added that IPV6 address by adding the following lines to-
a) /etc/sysconfig/network file
Code:
NETWORKING_IPV6=yes
b) /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0 file
Code:
IPV6INIT="yes"
IPV6ADDR="2001:41d0:1:abcd::1/64"
IPV6ADDR_SECONDARIES="2001:41d0:1:abcd::1/64"

If I remove bridge br0, IPV6 addresses work without any further change. But it fails as soon as I attach that bridge. What should I do to resolve this?

Thanks for your help.

Members online