Most Highly Recommended Books About Linux

Discussion in 'Linux News' started by Fred, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Fred

Fred New Member

Ever since we started this blog, we've talked about Linux at great length. We've provided tips, tutorials, hacks and even some spicy gossip from the magical Penguinland. While that may suffice your geek cravings, the information falls quite short if you're trying to learn about Linux in greater detail. For learning Linux, you'll need a deeper knowledge and understanding about the system and its functions. And what better way to learn Linux than by filling your shelf with some great books on the topic?

More...
  2. CityGirlLuv

CityGirlLuv New Member

I don't know of any books besides your regular "Linux for Dummies" type books. Hopefully someone will come in here and give a vast list of some really great books to use to learn Linux. I'm ready to purchase a few, so bring on the list!
  3. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Member

Myself, I don't fill my shelves with books. I would rather fill my folders with pdf files. Also fill my bookmarks with sites. That's the way I learn about Linux.
  4. pane-free

pane-free Active Member

5. Stefano Messicano

Stefano Messicano New Member

If you want to take a no-fluff, only-the-good-bits approach towards learning Linux, then the LINUX POCKET GUIDE is the best place to start. Though not a comprehensive reference book, the little book does pack in a lot of material that you can reference any time you want. An essential book to own for Linux administrators, and for students who are studying for Linux-based certifications.
  6. dpic

dpic New Member

Free Software, Free Society

and

Free as in Freedom 2.0
  7. dale

dale Member

What is freedom 2.0?
  8. Famous

Famous New Member

I hate reading books specially if its about Linux i just stick with the video instructions to get around problems much easier.
  9. Keren Levy

Keren Levy New Member

I like the book
    "Linux Pocket Guide, 2nd Edition"