Make your Linux box that bit quicker

Discussion in 'Linux News' started by Darwin, May 8, 2012.

1. Darwin

Darwin New Member

But, for anyone who has ever double-clicked on an icon in Windows and had to wait as the computer makes up its mind about what it's going to do, the general speed and snappiness of the Linux desktop is a winning advantage.

And this goes for everyone: whether you're using an eight-core flying machine or chugging along with a laptop from the golden age of steam, you're better off with Linux. And if you want even more speed? Just follow these tips…

Here: http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/need-for-speed-speed-up-your-linux-machine-1078475
  2. Famous

Famous New Member

Try advance system care 5 free its got a boost function for gaming that stops pointless processe running and frees up ram
  3. Abbass

Abbass New Member

Like other computer operating systems, Linux also indicates system problems in the form of error messages. The problems may occur at startup or while working on your system. In some error messages, the actual cause of the problem and possible solution is provided. However, some errors do not contain any suggestions. They just include some codes.
  4. ljepilo

ljepilo New Member

I haven't actually tried it , it works ???
  5. ljepilo

ljepilo New Member

This is a lovely share ! I can't thank you enough for sharing this with us ! :) Lets just hope my Linux box will be quicker now ^^...
  6. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Thanks for this. Might try this on my linux distro since it's a netbook and can use all the speed boosts it can get. :D
  7. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Member

Is there a version that runs on Linux? I have used only the version that runs in Windows.

Back on topic.

If you are using Linux and you would like to get a speed boost in the simplest and easiest possible way, this is something you can try.

Install LXDE or XFCE. Both of these are lightweight user interfaces. If you are using Ubuntu, use the Synaptic Package Manager to install the Lubuntu or Xubuntu desktop. Lubuntu is Ubuntu's version of LXDE and Xubuntu is Ubuntu's version of XFCE.

Then log out. When you log back in, look at the interface options. You will see the new interface that you have installed. Choose the one you want and you will start up in a different desktop environment.

Between XFCE and LXDE, I prefer XFCE.