Suggestion

C

Codypy1

I hope this is the right enough place to put this. I saw no suggestion sub forum so this was my best option.

I've noticed losts of people run across problems every day and they post here for fixes. When they get fixed the thread fades.

So how about the thread that has a fixed issue or resolved issue we make it's own little forum for so if people in the future come across this problem they can just look there to see if someone else has had this problem and resolved it or what.

This would be helpful. Although most people want answers without looking hah.

In my humble opinion, there is more value in a howto section.

Moving useful threads to a special forum is labour intensive and places more emphasis on the staff to maintain it.

It's better if members create their own guides/howtos in a specific section and then maintain them of their own accord. The guide someone posted recently on nvidia optimus is a good example of the "right way".

The danger of moving 'solved' threads to another section is that they will be seen as gospel, even though they may contain out of date information, and some will just blindly follow them.

Also too much of this kind of management kills participation. It's better for members to post threads, for people to answer them or provide input and for a discussion to snowball from there. That useful thread is still searchable on the forum and is not presented as a step by step guide - this will generate more activity in turn.

Certainly not my idea, so won't take the credit for it. I've seen it at some other forums though and it works quite well.

Members online