Laptop Fancontrol

Discussion in 'Laptops / Netbooks' started by NEQTAN, Jan 24, 2012.

1. NEQTAN

NEQTAN New Member

Problem: Noisy Fan, constantly running.
    Possible Solution: Reduce fan speed, set temperatures so fan does not run constant.

All of my attempts have been with failure.

I have read multiple tutorials, manuals, and forum threads on the topic. In hopes of finding some resolution, im asking this community for any information they can lend. If anyone can help suggest how to control the fan speed and fan on / off i would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
  2. carbon333

carbon333 New Member

Try to check your BIOS. In my laptop I can't control my fan manually but BIOS does.
  3. NEQTAN

NEQTAN New Member

Bios fancontrol

Thank you for the response.

I have tried that. No luck in BIOS. I ended up opening the laptop. I cleaned it out and swapped out the fan. This helped but it is still loud. The more I read tells me that hp is just a noisy machine.

Neq
  4. W00t

W00t New Member

Is it a Dell? I know for a fact dell has a diagnostic centre that can be used to check up on the fan's stats and change rotation speeds.
  5. DaReaper

DaReaper New Member

It's a HP Pavillion.

I have similar Specs and also a HP Pavillion DV5 1235EE, i have overheating issues. I contacted HP support for this and they suggested me to install a new cooling pad for my laptop, since my laptop was fairly new back then.

Well, older HP Pavillion laptops have a really bad cooling management system. These days i notice my laptop's Core Temp's are usually stable at around 60-70 C and dosen't go lower than that.

I have yet to service my laptop and clean the heating vents. I figured that i couldn't control my laptops fan either.