Laptop Fancontrol

Discussion in 'Laptops / Netbooks' started by NEQTAN, Jan 24, 2012.

1. NEQTAN

NEQTAN New Member

Problem: Noisy Fan, constantly running.
    Possible Solution: Reduce fan speed, set temperatures so fan does not run constant.

All of my attempts have been with failure.

I have read multiple tutorials, manuals, and forum threads on the topic. In hopes of finding some resolution, im a****g this community for any information they can lend. If anyone can help suggest how to control the fan speed and fan on / off i would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.
  2. carbon333

carbon333 New Member

Try to check your BIOS. In my laptop I can't control my fan manually but BIOS does.
  3. NEQTAN

NEQTAN New Member

Bios fancontrol

Thank you for the response.

I have tried that. No luck in BIOS. I ended up opening the laptop. I cleaned it out and swapped out the fan. This helped but it is still loud. The more I read tells me that hp is just a noisy machine.

Neq
  4. W00t

W00t New Member

Is it a Dell? I know for a fact dell has a diagnostic centre that can be used to check up on the fan's stats and change rotation speeds.
  5. DaReaper

DaReaper New Member

It's a HP Pavillion.

I have similar Specs and also a HP Pavillion DV5 1235EE, i have overheating issues. I contacted HP support for this and they suggested me to install a new cooling pad for my laptop, since my laptop was fairly new back then.

Well, older HP Pavillion laptops have a really bad cooling management system. These days i notice my laptop's Core Temp's are usually stable at around 60-70 C and dosen't go lower than that.

I have yet to service my laptop and clean the heating vents. I figured that i couldn't control my laptops fan either.