Introduction to Linux

Discussion in 'Beginner Tutorials' started by Rob, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Rob

Rob Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to Linux.org's "Getting Started with Linux: Beginner Level Course". If you're new to Linux and want to find out how to use the fastest growing operating system today, all you have to do is follow these lessons and you'll be using Linux efficiently in no time.

Getting Started with Linux: Beginner Level Course is designed as a self-study course. One of the things that makes this course unique is that at any point during a course, you can add a note, or comment. This is done in the comments bar on the right hand side of the screen. These comments can be made public or private, and can take any form that you like. Feel free to use them to ask questions, answer other users questions, post code updates, or suggest different methodologies for solving problems.

Linux is a very popular operating system, and this course is followed by thousands of people each day. Due to this, there are a lot of people online who are also in the process of learning it. So please feel free to ask any questions that you have and someone in the Linux Community will probably answer you! Also, this whole site, including the courses are regularly moderated. If you don't get an answer to a question, we will do our best to answer it for you. In addition, please send us your suggestions for how we can improve the courses, any typos that you have noticed, or any errors that you have encountered.

If you're ready to start learning about Linux, you may start at our table of contents or you may want to jump right into lesson one What Is Linux?.

Attached Files:

2. Seth Ramey

Seth Ramey New Member

Hi, where is the link to the training course?
    Saptarshi Nag likes this.
  3. ShakyOldGuy

ShakyOldGuy New Member

Maybe I'm dense, but I have the same question as Seth Ramey. The only thing resembling a Table of Contents I have found is http://www.linux.org/forums/beginner-tutorials.53/

It does list this lesson, and 'What is Linux?', and a bunch of other tutorials posted by Rob, but with no indication of what order they should be read to go through the course. And at the bottom of 'What is Linux?' I see no indication of where to go next.
  4. Impossible

Impossible New Member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  5. johnm3

johnm3 New Member

These lessons were easily visible few months ago, but now no more. Was this taken done on purpose? Can the moderator of this site do something about this? If not, I'll have to seek another linux site for free linux training lessons.
    DevynCJohnson likes this.
  6. 大橙子

大橙子 New Member

I can't find it either.
  7. IsmirZone

IsmirZone New Member

8. Maverick1

Maverick1 New Member

9. Falcon

Falcon New Member

Can't find it also and I really need it as am also new to the linux OS
  10. CaiSiming

CaiSiming New Member

The course is more easier for learning in the previous version.
  11. ryanc

ryanc New Member

While there is a lot of good information here, a forum is maybe not the most effective way to present it. If you're looking for a good introduction to Linux that is easy to follow then a good tutorial can be found here: Linux tutorial.

Then of course, once you have a solid foundation you can come back here and further it.
  12. prabhu Ram Khadka

prabhu Ram Khadka New Member

I am a new learner of Linux, i could not find how to start?
  13. DevynCJohnson

DevynCJohnson Well-Known Member Staff Member Staff Writer

You can read articles/forums to learn more, or you can ask questions on specific subjects you need help with.
    Haider92 likes this.
  14. vinay

vinay New Member

hello sir i m newly study linux.i dont know the basic commands of linux
  15. DevynCJohnson

DevynCJohnson Well-Known Member Staff Member Staff Writer

Haider92 likes this.
  16. JohnSerrano

JohnSerrano New Member

and yes it is also needed that one must have a strong will to get the things and do practise them hard and regularly