Installing Linux OS on the Asrock B85M-ITX (Solved)

Discussion in 'Linux Hardware' started by jezz, Jan 18, 2014.

1. jezz

jezz New Member

Hello,
    I have the win8 working perfect, after I changed the Ram memory for a Kingston KVR16N11S8H/4 on the Asrock B85M-ITX MB working with the Intel Pentium Dual Core G3220 3Ghz 3MB LGA 1150, but I can't install the Linux CentOS, Ubunt Server or Mandriva Server.
    When I try to boot over the Linux Live DVD or Intall OS from a CD or USB Stick appear a message "More Than 8 Outputs Detected" and the keyboard light flashing (this is the kernel panic light).
    If I install the OS direct to the HD in another machine and connect this HD to the machine installed the Asrock B85M-ITX the system login but with out network, so I can't install updates and packages.
    Can somebody help me please?
    Thank you for the attention.

Regards
    DevynCJohnson likes this.
  2. arochester

arochester Well-Known Member

Best Answer
    jezz likes this.
  3. DevynCJohnson

DevynCJohnson Well-Known Member Staff Member Staff Writer

This is interesting. Okay, if Windows works, then we know the hardware works and the RAM chip is plugged in properly. You have been unable to get any live-distro to boot? If you ever can, run this command so you can see what Linux detects as far as memory is concerned - cat /proc/meminfo.

Okay, you have this chip, and I see that your hardware is compatible with Linux and the other hardware - http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/?partid=kvr16n11s8/4

Does the kernel panic give any information?
    Haider92 and jezz like this.
  4. jezz

jezz New Member

Hello Devyn,
    Thank you so much for your help.
    I sent a message to Asrock and they replied my MB B85M-ITX does not support any Linux OS. I trying to patch the bios with the PMPatch by NikolajSchlej he built this patch for OSx (unix) patch UEFI BIOS PowerManagement module and I think this will work for linux. I hope!
    If not I'll install inside Oracle VM.

Regards,
    Haider92 and DevynCJohnson like this.
  5. arochester

arochester Well-Known Member

Best Answer
    jezz likes this.
  6. jezz

jezz New Member

Thank you so much arochester. This post u've sent me helped me a lot!
    The A75M or B85M is just a chipset difference. B85M is ready for business the rest is the same.
    I rebuilt the USB installer and started the boot over the UEFI not USB and then reinstalled the ubuntu server. Working great. Now I need to install CentOS and uptdate the grub or install the FreeBSD on windows.
    I very appreciated. :)

Regards,