How to Access Exchange EDB Files after Corrupted Exchange BKF File?

Discussion in 'General Linux' started by James Simon, May 29, 2014.

1. James Simon

James Simon New Member

I have created one exchange backup file on exchange 2007 server with help of Ntbackup utility. In this exchange backup file, I had stored all an essential exchange EDB, STM and LOG files. But now exchange BKF file has been corrupted and inappropriate. So in this case, we can access and restore our mailboxes data from damage exchange backup file in easy manner.

Thanks
  2. ryanvade

ryanvade Administrator Staff Member Staff Writer

Did you backup files or images?

And is this a windows server?
  3. James Clapp

James Clapp New Member

I think you're required a recovery tool that can recover your EDB files from corrupted BKF of Exchange Server. I've read about a third-party tool in an article that can recover all three files, i.e. STM, EDB and Log files, from corrupted BKF file. It's SysInfoTools Exchange BKF Recovery tool. You can use this tool. But first read about it.

I hope it'll help you.

Thanks.
  4. shannongrant

shannongrant New Member

Recovering data from corrupted BKF file is just a process of minutes. You must be knowing that backup file can’t be repaired manually. So, you can try a Exchange BKF
    Repair software to repair you corrupt file.

Download and run its trial version to check the output. Visit:-
  5. Stephenpeters

Stephenpeters New Member

I would like to recommend Kernel for BKF Repair tool to quickly repairs rxchange BKF to recover EDB, STM and Log files from corrupt BKF files.

More advanced features of this tool:
    1. Quickly repair severely corrupted windows backup files.

2. Effectively recovers Unicode characters as well

3. Embedded with two recovery BKF modes: Quick mode & Advance mode

4. Recovers EDB, STM and log files along with user mailboxes

5. This software is well supported by all versions of BKF files created using MS backup ntbackup.exe utility and BKF files created Backup Exec by VERITAS software.
  6. Christina Campell

Christina Campell New Member

See if the BKF file has turned corrupted then in this case you can either use DAG continuous replication technique which must be saving a copy of original database on different server. By using this tactic you can easily restore your all data from inaccessible EDB file.

In case, if you still didn't find any solution with this technique then you can use this tool http://www.recovery-tools.org/exchange-server-edb/ to completely restore EDB file database even if some of the emails gets permanently deleted.