How long have you used Linux?

Discussion in 'General Linux' started by Rob, Oct 28, 2011.

?

How long have you used Linux?

1. Less than 1yr

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. 1-3yrs

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. 4-7yrs

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. 8-10yrs

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Over 10yrs

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Member

Looks like I am the LInux newbie here. I knew about Linux long ago but never felt the need to migrate to it. Only when my Windows crashed too many times due to virus infection did I make the move. Haven't regretted it, in the least.

2. jonman_t

jonman_t New Member

Im fairly new to linux. Got bt4 about a year ago for jokes. I had it on a usb stick. Eventually made it persistent. Slowly started getting more interested in it and installed it to hard disk. Now have a dual boot on my netbook. Bt5 and winxp. Im still a giant n00b but im pretty comfortable with the user interface. Now trying to learn command line.
  3. Lorgoyf

Lorgoyf New Member

a few weeks now, but only sparingly as I don't always have the time to figure out new stuff
  4. carbon333

carbon333 New Member

Wow, I feel old when I think about it. It's over ten years and counting. I had a small episodes with FreeBSD a couple of years ago too.
  5. Stefano Messicano

Stefano Messicano New Member

I used Linux in 2005 and started with SUSE Linux 10.0 that same year and even purchased a consumer copy of SUSE Linux 10.1, but then I kind of stopped using it for a while. I got back in around openSUSE 11.0 when I purchased my next retail copy.