how to mount an iso image

M

mickeyliv

ok so I am kinda new to linux, so bare with me.. I downloaded matlab and am trying to install it via mounting the iso image, but can't seem to get it right..
This is what I have been trying to do in the terminal so far, lemme know if I am doing this right.. thanks.
[root@ml ~]# mkdir /Matlab
[root@ml ~]# mount -t iso9660 -o loop ~/downloads/Matlab801_MacUnix.iso /Matlab
mount: /Matlab: mount failed: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong I have no clue, since I am not that versed in linux info. thanks guys.

ok so I am kinda new to linux, so bare with me.. I downloaded matlab and am trying to install it via mounting the iso image, but can't seem to get it right..
This is what I have been trying to do in the terminal so far, lemme know if I am doing this right.. thanks.
[root@ml ~]# mkdir /Matlab
[root@ml ~]# mount -t iso9660 -o loop ~/downloads/Matlab801_MacUnix.iso /Matlab
mount: /Matlab: mount failed: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong I have no clue, since I am not that versed in linux info. thanks guys.

What does "ls /" (w/o quotes) show?

would I put that like this... mount -t iso9660 -o loop ~/downloads/Matlab801_MacUnix.iso ls/Matlab
whaddya mean? sorry put ls after iso file?

would I put that like this... mount -t iso9660 -o loop ~/downloads/Matlab801_MacUnix.iso ls/Matlab
whaddya mean? sorry put ls after iso file?
Or ls /Matlab?? either way nothing, nothing in the directory /Matlab, or same thing telling me mount failed.. ugh.

I think I got it..

[root@ml ~]# ls
anaconda-ks.cfg Desktop Matlab Matlab801

okay so now I am in the Matlab801 directory, how do I install the rest..

[root@ml ~]# ls

okay so now I am in the Matlab801 directory, how do I install the rest..

Okay cowboy, slow down.

Looks like for whatever reason mkdir /Matlab made the directory in /root instead (so its /root/Matlab). So, try this:

mount -t iso9660 -o loop ~/downloads/Matlab801_MacUnix.iso ~/Matlab

If that works, then you should be able to run:

cd ~/Matlab

And install it...that of which someone else will have to help you, or you Google it, because I don't use Matlab.

sorry I tried editing my comments, It got frozen and posted it more than I wanted too.. haha
yeah it mounted it, now I just have to install it.. which I can't seem to get either.. thanks!!

here we go..
[root@ml ~]# ls