Thinking of upgrading to Mint 12

R

red

I already have Mint 11 and would like to upgrade to 12. Would I have to do a complete reinstall and lose everything that I have saved on my current system? If so, is there a way around this?

I believe you simply have to run the update program included with your system and it will ask you if you want to upgrade to the latest version of Mint. Nothing will be lost :)

I am hearing quite a bit about Mint nowadays. What's the main attraction of Mint? I mean besides having a refreshing name.

I am hearing quite a bit about Mint nowadays. What's the main attraction of Mint? I mean besides having a refreshing name.
Well they've got a desktop a bit similar to Windows, unlike Ubuntu. And they don't use Unity, which a lot of people have been hating lately.

Well they've got a desktop a bit similar to Windows, unlike Ubuntu. And they don't use Unity, which a lot of people have been hating lately.

In that case, I may give Mint a try. btw does it run from a pendrive? And can I make a Mint pendrive without using a cdrom? I am asking because my cdrom drive is dead.

Yes, Mint is bootable from a USB drive. I like it for it's unique color scheme, and it's slick style. I'm fairly new to Linux so I am a bit partial since I've only used RHEL, CentOS and Mint. It's also very easy to set-up dual boot with their 'Win2Mint' application which comes with the .iso

Members online