GTX 560ti Nvidia drivers help.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by stas823, Jan 28, 2013.

1. stas823

stas823 New Member

Hello
    I have recently installed Linux ubuntu .10 as a dual boot and it has worked perfectly however i am unable to find means by which i can install Nvidia graphics drivers and if someone could explain to me how i could accomplish this i would be very happy :) (please no assumptions on console commands)

so far i have managed to download and run the drivers and get past the server x however after that it gives me another problem of some neveu display (sorry didnt manage to capture the name)

Thanks

2. Schlittenhund

Schlittenhund New Member

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-4363.html

Nvidia has the best driver support for Linux, as they develop them, opposed to the community trying to reverse engineer Windows drivers. Not that there's anything wrong with the community's software, but Nvidia devs have the hardware cheat sheets to their advantage.
  3. stas823

stas823 New Member

thanks for your help but ive decided to remove linux i had too many problems regarding wifi dropping and drivers not working (btw i installed them in the end but it made no diffirence performance wise)
  4. Schlittenhund

Schlittenhund New Member

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up though! Support for Linux is gaining momentum, and out-of-the-box software and drivers are getting better and better.