Epson Inktank L350 and Linux

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Archonsg, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Archonsg

Archonsg Member

Hey guys, anyone owning this printer (or any of the recent inktank series) and got the scanner to work on ubuntu?
    I got the drivers off from Epson's site, namely iscan-data and iscan-for-ltd7 as I understand that ubuntu uses ltd7 (not 3) but for the life of me, I can't get the scanner to work. Oddly enough, of all the distros I have tried, only OpenSuse had the scanner running (haven't tried fedora yet) and all other distros were *buntus / debian variants.
    The printer itself works fine, it's just the scanner that borks out on me.

2. arochester

arochester Well-Known Member

3. Archonsg

Archonsg Member

Thanks. Will try it out.
    Though tonight's the night I'll be nuking my kubuntu test set and finally go onto Fedora. (my endless search for a linux, gaming friendly desktop)
  4. arochester

arochester Well-Known Member

5. Archonsg

Archonsg Member

Yeah. I might not mind if its like $3.90 or so but essentially $40 and $80 for the standard and pro version respectively?
    Does anyone actually pay that kind of price for software that would otherwise come free by any other means?

Like I said, its not that I can't get the scanner running, (works fine on windows, of course) its just that I would like to run it on debian / ubuntu, and if I really have to use it on a linux set, I had it running fine on OpenSUSE.