Distro: CentOS

Discussion in 'Beginner Tutorials' started by LinuxDotOrg, Jul 9, 2013.

1. LinuxDotOrg

LinuxDotOrg Administrator

[​IMG]

"CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor. CentOS conforms fully with the upstream vendor's redistribution policy and aims to be 100% binary compatible. (CentOS mainly changes packages to remove upstream vendor branding and artwork.) CentOS is free.

CentOS is developed by a small but growing team of core developers. In turn the core developers are supported by anactive user community including system administrators, network administrators, enterprise users, managers, core Linux contributors and Linux enthusiasts from around the world.

CentOS has numerous advantages over some of the other clone projects including: an active and growing user community, quickly rebuilt, tested, and QA'ed errata packages, an extensive mirror network, developers who are contactable and responsive, multiple free support avenues including IRC Chat, Mailing Lists, Forums, a dynamic FAQ."[1]

Please visit CentOS.org and support their distribution at http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=23

SuriyaKumar likes this.
  2. gofmawr

gofmawr New Member

This introduction to CentOS is encouraging. I have explored several distros in the past, but always found it so different from Windows that I gave up.

Now I am not working full time, I mean to persevere.
  3. Kovax

Kovax Member

I really enjoy CentOS. Its my favorite free distro.

Kovax
    Hammerhead71 likes this.
  4. frank kyeyune augustines

frank kyeyune augustines New Member

its great but if u dont know the commands ur done.
  5. Kovax

Kovax Member

For those that dont like command line there is a free tool call Webmin (http://www.webmin.com/). It is a tool that I used when I first learned Linux. It was very helpful at the time and as my skills grew I no longer needed a GUI. You can always use the MAN pages to also help you with commands.
  6. chimichurri

chimichurri Member

centOS is 4 servers !!!

don't u get it folks???
  7. Kovax

Kovax Member

I know that
  8. 擎天節度

擎天節度 New Member

I'm learning CentOS now,I've installed CentOS7 in my notebook as a host system.I like it very much,but there are many knowledge waiting for me to learning.