Disk is not mounted after OS install?

Discussion in 'Linux Hardware' started by postcd, May 23, 2014.

1. postcd

postcd Member

I got physical dedicated server from one reputable server provider. And using their OS image install system i applied debian 6.x 64. Server has 2 SSD and one SATA. I setup software raid 1 during installation on SSDs but i dont see anything that looks like my HDD setup..

I mean server should contain:
    But this is df -h:
    I have been told that i need to mount 700+GB hdd: "add it to fstab our mount it manually via mount command"

Can you please advice on how to proceed, how to do it properly so its mounted after each start? I thought Debian will setup disks automatically.
  2. Rodrigo

Rodrigo New Member

the file /etc/fstab is use to define where and how a partition have to be mounted, when you type the comand mount with the option a "mount -a" the command mount all the partition listed in /etc/fstab exept those marked as "noauto" the sintax is:

Code:
     <file system>        <dir>        <type>    <options>            <dump> <pass>

Example:

Code:
    # <file system>        <dir>        <type>    <options>            <dump> <pass>
    /dev/sda1              /            ext4      defaults,noatime      0      1
    /dev/sda2              none          swap      defaults              0      0
    /dev/sda3              /home        ext4      defaults,noatime      0      2

if you need more information check this web site:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/fstab
    ryanvade likes this.