Dedicated IP's

Discussion in 'Web Server' started by MustangV10, Nov 11, 2011.

1. MustangV10

MustangV10 New Member

Just curious, how much does your provider charge you for additional IP addresses? Mine charges me $1 per IP per month which I think is very reasonable. What about you?

2. gcawood

gcawood Administrator Staff Member

We do not charge our clients for additional IP addresses. If they need them, they should have them! Yeah, you heard me... FREE BABY FREE!
  3. MustangV10

MustangV10 New Member

Free Dedicated IP's? Wow, that's pretty impressive.

What's your hosting business?
  4. gcawood

gcawood Administrator Staff Member

We are owned by IQnection.com. The hosting service that they provide rocks. Email me if you want any info or if you want to get comparative pricing. gcawood[at]LinuxForum.com
  5. MustangV10

MustangV10 New Member

Nice; don't know how the business can keep going giving out IP's for free though.
  6. DaReaper

DaReaper New Member

I get one Free Dedicated IP with my VPS hosting, and i bought another one for just 0.75 $ to have it setup as my secondary Nameservers. I'm using the Primary IP which i got as free for now. The 2nd IP is just needed for setting up private Nameservers.

Free unlimited Dedicated IP's is really a great thing! It's the thing of the future man!

We all need it. That's some great offer :D
  7. ehansen

ehansen New Member Staff Writer

Hosting providers (not including resellers) generally buy blocks of IP addresses, so paying $1/month for an IP is kind of high already. But, while IPv4 is starting to lose its steam (running out of addresses to use), IPv6 will give a whole new fight to hosting. The reason being is that there's a HUGE pool to pull from in IPv6 compared to IPv4.

I've never seen a provider offer free dedicated IPs before, but I know if I was going through them I'd jump at the chance.
  8. jasserlin

jasserlin New Member

My hosting provider also provides additional dedicated IPs free of cost. My server received 2 with the monthly hosting and they will provide more for free if I can 'justify' them. I said I was starting another web site and wanted to keep my tracking separate. That was enough for them to provide me the additional free of cost. I have seen other hosts who provide it too so it is not as rare as it might seem. However, I think there is a minimum cost that you pay for your hosting before they start offering freebies.
  9. ehansen

ehansen New Member Staff Writer

Who is your host??
  10. jasserlin

jasserlin New Member

Didn't want to be promoting unnecessarily but it is vpsville.ca. They have been fairly good for me.
  11. mrnothersan

mrnothersan New Member

I believe my provider charges £1 per month for Additional IP's. It might be more, as I know there is a shortage of IPv4's at the moment.
  12. flotwig

flotwig New Member

I believe it's an additional $1 per month for IPv4 addresses, and IPv6 addresses are 100% free - as many as you need, pretty much.