Hi, I here!

B

Bill

Hello everyone. I have been using various distros for several years now, so I am not exactly a newbie. However, after looking over this forum, I believe that there is plenty for to learn from you. I am especially poor in networking and security. I also hope I can contribute constructively to your discussions.

Thanks for having me,

Bill

Hello everyone. I have been using various distros for several years now, so I am not exactly a newbie. However, after looking over this forum, I believe that there is plenty for to learn from you. I am especially poor in networking and security. I also hope I can contribute constructively to your discussions.

Thanks for having me,

Bill

Hi bill welcome! I am a newbie here as well as a newbie to linux who is still learning the ropes. Hopefully you can help me out and as I get the hang of things I can help out as well. Cheers :)

Thanks for having me,

Bill

Hello!
I've read that you are poor in network and security.Can you give me others info?What do you know about that?
Can you configure your network?
Do you know ssh ssl cups samba bind nmap traceroute tcpdump ftp vsftp nfs?
If not, you can read some tutorial that you find in internet.I think that those are the basics knowledge that you must to have.
Moreover which distro do you using daily?
Bye.

I took a Linux Network Administrator I class in college. The class did not go into a lot of detail. I never took the second class, which probably would have gotten deeper into network and security. I do still have my old text book somewhere.

On the computer that I am currently on, I've been using Ubuntu up until a few days ago. I an now using Fedora 16 and hating Gnome 3 more and more every day.

I also run Zorin and Debian my other computers that I use almost every day.

Hey Bill! Nice to see you :) Welcome to Linux Forum.

I took a Linux Network Administrator I class in college. The class did not go into a lot of detail. I never took the second class, which probably would have gotten deeper into network and security. I do still have my old text book somewhere.

On the computer that I am currently on, I've been using Ubuntu up until a few days ago. I an now using Fedora 16 and hating Gnome 3 more and more every day.

I also run Zorin and Debian my other computers that I use almost every day.

First:Forget you that you learned.
Second:Delete Fedora(I hate it for several reasons) and try to use only the shell. Don't use the Desktop Environment.
Third:Follow your passion.and read all.
Fourth:Google it's your friend. Don't stop you at first research.

Members online

Latest posts