linux c++

M

mr_cool

ho i am new linux, i want develope c++ application under redhat ,so i need good IDE for that ,could u some one suggest me

ho i am new linux, i want develope c++ application under redhat ,so i need good IDE for that ,could u some one suggest me

This depends on what you're looking for in an IDE, and how much you're willing to spend.

The best bang for your buck, if you can spend it, is SlickEdit from what I've read. I've never tried it personally (the price tag is too high for me), but it is pretty robust and powerful.

If you're looking the free route, there's Code::Blocks. It integrates well with a few C/C++ compilers, and is pretty straight forward on use. Though, its not updated a lot so you might be stuck with the same bug for a while.

If you're using KDE, there's KDevelop, which I used to use a lot before switching over to my next one. This reminds me a lot of the Visual Studio IDEs before Microsoft introduced .NET. You can also use this if you're running a different environment, as it is based on the Qt library I believe.

Lastly, there's Anjuta, Gnome's answer to KDevelop. This one for me is easier to use than KDevelop, and isn't as cumbersome. If you're looking for free, this or KDevelop is probably your best and safest route.

linx c++

but now i am using eclipse ,there is one problem when i adding a external library (lib.a)to my project that could not be loaded ,eeor oocured in linking time i added the library in project->properties->c/c++ buil->tool->settings->library(here i added my library and path (with out prefix and suffix of library)..when build my project it through the error
"ERRROR MESSAGE:cannot find -l -l"
what is my wrong?

but now i am using eclipse ,there is one problem when i adding a external library (lib.a)to my project that could not be loaded ,eeor oocured in linking time i added the library in project->properties->c/c++ buil->tool->settings->library(here i added my library and path (with out prefix and suffix of library)..when build my project it through the error
"ERRROR MESSAGE:cannot find -l -l"
what is my wrong?

If possible can you screenshot your settings you referenced and post it here? You might have to add -l to your libraries. I never used eclipse for c++ and barely with java.

sometime it through the different linking error,the problem is it could not loaded the library at run time ,even through i put the library file near the source file ,i gave the library path ,and it's name correctly. .

project directory
1.include(.h files)
2.source(.cpp. files..)
3.lib(libbozorth3.a,LSFMatcher.a)
i want link that static libraries with my application .so i follow this steps
1->project->properties->general->path and symbols->include directory path,and libraries(bozorth3.a,LSFMatcher.a),and add library path .
2->and also i add the same library in linker section also

when i build the program it displays a error
cannot find -lbozorth3.a
cannot find -lLSFMatcher.a

so i need the correct steps to add the external library to c/c++ application.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,324
sometime it through the different linking error,the problem is it could not loaded the library at run time ,even through i put the library file near the source file ,i gave the library path ,and it's name correctly. .

project directory
1.include(.h files)
2.source(.cpp. files..)
3.lib(libbozorth3.a,LSFMatcher.a)
i want link that static libraries with my application .so i follow this steps
1->project->properties->general->path and symbols->include directory path,and libraries(bozorth3.a,LSFMatcher.a),and add library path .
2->and also i add the same library in linker section also

when i build the program it displays a error
cannot find -lbozorth3.a
cannot find -lLSFMatcher.a

so i need the correct steps to add the external library to c/c++ application.

Looking at the second image you uploaded (which I thank you for, by the way), it doesn't seem like Eclipse is seeing your library path (there's no -L switch in the command output). What I'd suggest is specifying the library path in the project settings. If need be, I'll install Eclipse and write down the directions.

i already specify the library path in project settings,even it throw the error...

linx eclipse c++

thank u ,now the problem is solved,i have another one question if any tools for creating rpm packages in linux(redhat)

Members online