A New Arch Linux GUI Installer Is Now Available

Discussion in 'General Linux' started by Jeff Story, Feb 17, 2014.

1. chimichurri

chimichurri Member

The only problem with a graphical installer for arch is to be maintained to adapt to constant changes and that does not happen as the previous which was abandoned...

2. Carach

Carach New Member

Yeah, sure, make Arch just another distro for "noobs". Sorry for that word, i haven't found any more suitable one in my dictionary i call brain. Well, Gentoo it is then. I don't need any "Ubuntu-like" community filled with people who actually don't know anything about Linux. What a pity; Arch looked really good. :(
  3. Carach

Carach New Member

Can't agree more. That's a way how Arch separate "non-too-much-capable users" from "capable ones".
  4. ZZs

ZZs Active Member

you have issue, so let it go.... Linux is an opinion in some ways so be happy... Please
  5. ZZs

ZZs Active Member

Im confused! You help everyone I will help you too
  6. chimichurri

chimichurri Member

Nice point! 'homie'(thus between qm)

btw: r u Karol from arch forum?
  7. chimichurri

chimichurri Member

8. chimichurri

chimichurri Member

oh YEAH! U r !!!
  9. chimichurri

chimichurri Member

3 things:

1- u r complety NUTS 'pal' (thus between qm)!

2- u r spreading FUD!!!

3- no needs to fail into paranoia, removing zeitzeist is enough, and whoopsie is really for the best!!!
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  10. MikeyD

MikeyD Active Member

First, are you really bringing up a post from February? You keep needlessly posting on this thread for no reason. LET THIS THREAD DIE unless there is a specific reason you keep bumping this, but page 3 has been all needless comments on already-covered points.

Second, there is nothing "FUD" about that link. GNU/Linux fans/developers/contributors have pointed out failures on Canonical's part to adhere to FSF guidelines many times to the point where a lot of people refuse to even refer to Ubuntu as a GNU/Linux distribution.

It isn't dubious information that is spread through rumor, Ubuntu's data gathering techniques are real and documented. There are multiple threads around this forum alone and numerous tech articles about it:
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/10/privacy-ubuntu-1210-amazon-ads-and-data-leaks
    http://www.osnews.com/story/24803/The_Sins_of_Ubuntu

Whether or not is it something you want to be concerned about is up to you, but people have a right to know and its something you sure as hell won't find on Ubuntu's website without diligent searching. The fact that Canonical itself isn't more upfront about it is what spreads "FUD" and the fact you mention "removing zeitzeit is enough" already proves my point. What other distros do you know of where I have to remove data-mining programs before I use it?
  11. chimichurri

chimichurri Member

12. MikeyD

MikeyD Active Member

13. AlexViean

AlexViean New Member

Well done, man. Dont be frustrated. Keep working ;)
  14. chimichurri

chimichurri Member

DID u HEARD ME??? (yeah screamin)
  15. Yesyesloud

Yesyesloud Active Member

Question: will this marvelous GUI installer make EFI boot possible after installation?

I can efi-boot Arch from flash drives (damn fast kick), but it's been a nightmare to actually install Arch with efi support into my hdd (and I know all related manuals backwards). The same goes for many other tech-savvy distributions. I'm almost heading back to Ubuntu for EFI - the problem is that its minimal install, extremely lightweight, doesn't support efi either.
  16. chimichurri

chimichurri Member

http://www.jeffstory.org/wordpress/?p=1220

[​IMG]
  17. arochester

arochester Well-Known Member

Spatry does a review of Fu-rch
  18. CesarCara

CesarCara New Member

What about those who just want a faster and less time/attention demanding install, so they can continue with other activities? Is there any other automatic way of installing ARCH?

Couldn't a GUI install help?
  19. Yesyesloud

Yesyesloud Active Member

Antergos (from which FU-rch derived) and ArchBang also perform clean Arch installs, through GUIs. Purists will state otherwise, but in the end you get pure Arch with some ascii art (logos) that won't harm. In case you want to go a little further... It's much easier to trim down these almost bare-bones operating systems to a completely "clean" Arch than following the traditional setup guide - that I find great anyway.
    ZZs likes this.
  20. ryanvade

ryanvade Administrator Staff Member Staff Writer

Manjaro...