As stevepusser says, across on Debian User Forums, the driver might not be in the Kernel you are using. To check which Kernel you have try the...
What is the output, if you input into a Terminal: lsusb
Did you reboot?
Not sure that I understand what you say.
1) Are you using Debian? If so, what version?
2) The wiki says It is included in the mainline Linux...
1) Linux DOES NOT require programming skills!
2) Do you have, or have you chosen, a Linux Distro?
3) What are the basic specs of your computer?
@Fred Schall Jr "How to install Hewlett Packard HP DeskJet D4160 on Ubuntu"...
1) Have you got another computer to try the DVD on?
2) Look at this page: https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/burn-mint
Consorting with the "enemy"? Microsoft seeks to recruit autistic workers http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-32204999
Having done "sudo dpkg --configure -a" can you update now, or do you just end up with the same break?
USA and Canada only...
Starting a Terminal
Unity is the default desktop environment used as of 11.04. Where systems are not ready for Unity they revert to GNOME...
Forget the Software Updater just now. Open a Terminal and issue these commands one-at-a-time:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Linux Mint is "based" on Ubuntu...
Does this help? http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1841457
PLEASE do not ask questions on your Profile Page. Ask it on the Forum where more people will see it and someone may be able to give an answer. Go...
Look at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto
(Ubuntu needs a DVD but Antix just needs a CD)
Remember Google Translate!
What is the...
Yes. Antix is good.
BrowserLinux is also good. http://www.browserlinux.com/
Separate names with a comma.