Univention Corporate Server (UCS) is a complete solution to provide standard IT services (like domain management or file services for Microsoft Windows clients) on-premises or in the cloud and to integrate them with additional systems like groupware, CRM or ECM.
UCS is a tried-and-tested, pre-configured Linux server operating system featuring:
Thus, UCS is the best fit to provide Microsoft Server-like services on the cloud, on-premises or in hybrid environments, to run and operate corporate IT environments with Windows- and Linux-based clients and to extend those environments with proven enterprise software, also either on the cloud or on-premises.
- Active Directory-like domain services compatible with Microsoft Active Directory
- a mature and easy-to-use web-based management system, Univention Management Console (UMC), for user, rights, infrastructure and virtualization management incl. single sign-on fuction to different UMC instances
- a scalable underlying concept suited for single server scenarios as well as to run and manage thousands of clients and servers for thousands of users within one single UCS domain
- an app center providing single-click installation and integration of many business applications from third parties and Univention. Many of them are also available as pre-configured, ready-to-use VM images with an integrated management system
- management capabilities to manage Linux- and UNIX-based clients
- command line, scripting interfaces and APIs for automatization and extension
- Docker containers can be run on UCS
The complete source code of UCS is provided under an Open Source license. The software is tried-and-tested and regularly updated. UCS is available free of charge as a Core Edition without functional limitations for commercial and private use. Companies preferring guaranteed, individually adjustable support can subscribe to different UCS maintenance services.
UCS features user, group and rights administration, compatibility with current hardware and the Microsoft systems Server 2012 and Windows 8.1, an integrated IP management (DNS, WINS, DHCP) for file and printer services and a SAML identity provider. UCS is ideal for positioning services or applications on the cloud. It allows the simple, secure integration of cloud-based applications with established administration procedures. The included tool Univention AD Takeover allows the simple migration of a Microsoft Active Directory to UCS via the integration of Samba 4.1. The module Active Directory Connection allows either the automatic sync between the Active Directory and the OpenLDAP of UCS or it enables the mounting of a UCS domain in an existing AD domain, e.g., to use UCS as a platform for third-party applications from the Univention App Center. This App Center provides not only further Univention solutions based on UCS, such as Univention Corporate Client (UCC), a centrally managed client operating system, but also numerous Open Source products from third-party manufacturers, such as the groupware solutions Zarafa and Open-Xchange, the backup solution "SEP sesam", the document management system agorum®core, the customer management solution "SugarCRM" and the dropbox alternative "owncloud". All the software available in the Univention App Center is seamlessly integrated in UCS and can be easily installed and uninstalled with a few mouse clicks. UCS 4.0 provides hybrid cloud management for OpenStack or Amazon EC2 and is based on Debian GNU/Linux 7.7 (Wheezy).
Link to the product's website:
Link to download UCS:
Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.0-3
UCS is an Enterprise Linux IT infrastructure management solution across different platforms