Solved [Solved] PS5 controller not working

Solved issue

MysticalJungle

Reaction score
Credits
[Solved]

Hello.

I'm testing Linux Mint on an old laptop to see what I can do with it for the things that I do. So I'm testing hardware to test and see what works.

I have a problem now though. I connected my PS5 controller via USB and it does nothing.
Does anyone know what I need to do?
I don't want to do it through Steam.
And yes I prefer via USB.

Thanks.

Last edited:

I use Dual Sense controllers on my rig. I'm pretty sure that the sony controller support is baked into the kernel; but don't quote me on it as I could be wrong.

Spite your favor for USB, does the controller at least connect via bluetooth? At least then you'd know if it's the controller or the PC. If it connects via bluetooth; I'd get a different USB.

I'm curious: does the PS5 controller connect via a loose USB cable, or is the end that connects to your controller attached to the controller itself?

I prefer the Xbox USB cables for computer gaming, they seem to be more standard and work so much better.

I'm curious: does the PS5 controller connect via a loose USB cable, or is the end that connects to your controller attached to the controller itself?

I prefer the Xbox USB cables for computer gaming, they seem to be more standard and work so much better.
It's very good, the USB cable isn't loose. It works with Windows all the time, but just not with Linux. It's USB-C thank g*d and Xbox One controllers aren't.

There's just more to it because I also use a PS5 controller as a microphone aswell.

Anyone knows how to get it to work?
Thanks.

It's very good, the USB cable isn't loose. It works with Windows all the time, but just not with Linux. It's USB-C thank g*d and Xbox One controllers aren't.

There's just more to it because I also use a PS5 controller as a microphone aswell.

Anyone knows how to get it to work?
Thanks.

You could look into this post

I don't know much about Linux Mint. I tend to avoid LM. Not sure why it's not "just working" as it should. All I had to do on Arch was install bluetooth drivers, and/or just plug in the controller.

Good luck.

Hello again.

Today I fired up the laptop again, connected the PS5 controller and it works. I don't know what happened why it's working all of a sudden now.

I remember there was an update of some sort, but oh well. It works now! PS5 mic in the controller works too!

Members online

No members online now.